Tuna Sashimi with Mango Puree, Avocado Mousse, Cucumber Arugula Noodle
Total Time: 27 min
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 2 min
Mango Puree: ½ cup mango, chopped - ½ tsp lemon juice
Avocado Mouse: ½ avocado ⁃ 1 tsp sour cream ⁃salt and pepper
Tuna: - 1 lb tuna (sushi-grade, or sashimi-grade is best if available)
Garnishes: ⁃ Finishing salt or other course salt ⁃ 2 radishes, thinly sliced
Arugula-Cucumber Noodle (optional): ½ cup arugula, lightly packed ⁃ ½ cup cucumber, roughly chopped ⁃ ¼ cup water ⁃ 4g agar agar
Special Equipment (optional): 2 syringes ⁃ 1 tube
1. Blend the mango with lemon juice. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until serving.
1. Blend the avocado with sour cream, salt, and pepper.
1. Prepare a bowl of ice water. Blend the arugula, cucumber, and water until smooth.
2. Pour the puree into a small saucepan with the agar agar.
3. Cook on medium heat until the mixture boils. Quickly pour it into a bowl.
4. Using a syringe, suck up some of the liquid, and insert it into the tube. Place the tube in the ice water for 2 minutes.
5. Using a clean syringe, suck up some air, and insert it in the tube. Push out the air to remove the noodle.
1. Using a sharp knife, slice the tuna around 1/2 cm thin. Cut against the grain of the tuna. When slicing the tuna, gently, but deliberately cut it, making sure not to use a sawing motion. Instead, "pull" the knife though the tuna while slicing it in one stroke.
Serve the tuna sashimi with the avocado mouse, mango puree, and arugula-cucumber noodle. Garnish with some thinly sliced radishes, and generously sprinkle finishing salt over the top.
- No Comments