Sweet and Spicy Wings with a Celery Seed Coleslaw
Total Time: 35 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Sweet Wing Sauce: 1 tbsp and ½ tsp honey ⁃ 2 tbsp ketchup ⁃ 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce ⁃ 1 tsp apple cider vinegar ⁃ 1/8 tsp paprika ⁃ 2 tsp lemon juice ⁃ 1/8 tsp coriander ⁃ Salt and pepper
Spicy Wing Sauce: 1 tbsp Sriracha ⁃ 2 tbsp ketchup ⁃ 1 tsp Worcestershire ⁃ ¼ tsp apple cider vinegar ⁃ 1 drop of honey ⁃ Salt and pepper
Celery Seed Coleslaw: 1 ½ cup shredded cabbage ⁃ ½ cup carrots, julienned ⁃ 2 tbsp mayonnaise ⁃ 1/8 tsp celery seeds ⁃ Salt and pepper
Chicken Wings: - 1 tsp black pepper - 1 tsp salt - 1/2 tsp paprika - 1 tsp coriander - 2 lbs chicken wings and drumsticks
Sweet Wing Sauce:
1.In a medium sized bowl, stir together the honey, ketchup, Worcestershire, apple cider vinegar, paprika, salt, and pepper, until fully combined.
Spicy Wing Sauce:
1. In a medium sized bowl, stir together the Sriracha, ketchup, Worcestershire, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper, until fully combined. Coleslaw:
Celery Seed Coleslaw:
1. In a large bowl, stir together the cabbage, carrots, mayonnaise, celery seeds, salt, and pepper.
1. Heat 1 quart of oil in a Dutch Oven to 365 F.
2. While waiting for the oil to heat, in a large bowl, mix together the black pepper, salt, paprika, and coriander. Place the chicken wings in the bowl, and toss with the spice mixture.
3. When the oil is up to temperature, using a metal spider, carefully place, at the most, 4 chicken wings in the oil. Cook for 5-6 minutes. However, the time may vary depending on the size of the chicken wing. If need be, cut a chicken wing open to see its cook.
4. Once the chicken wings are cooked, remove from the oil, and place on a paper towel lined plate to remove any excess oil.
5. Toss the wings in your sauce of choice, and set aside.
- No Comments